Day of the Dove

It's been a while since I posted on here. Last time I did, I'd just won the first of my Dystopian Wars campaign games - unfortunately it was also the last game I played.  Work got busy and I just had no chance to get to the club on meeting nights - and by the time things calmed down, the campaign was over.  These things happen - but there will be another campaign later this year, I'm sure.

After missing the Dystopian Wars campaign, I must admit that I had no motivation to get the rest of my Prussian toys painted - so rather than struggle to get involved with painting stuff I wouldn't be using for a while, I thought I'd dig out an old project and see if I could learn and play a different game.  I've dug out my A Call To Arms: Star Fleet models and started building the Federation ships so I start getting them painted soon.

While I was at it, I've also had a proper look at the Klingon and Romulan fleet boxes that I got around the same time as the Federation box.  I've taken some pictures to show them off as they really are very nice toys indeed...

Klingon Fleet box set

Shuttles - these are identical models for every faction
E4 Light Frigates
F5 Frigates
D5 War Cruiser
D5W New Heavy Cruiser
D6 Heavy Cruiser
D7 Battlecruiser
C7 Heavy Battlecruiser
FD7 Fast Cruiser
C8 Dreadnought
 The Klingon ships are really, really nice.  The only issues with the castings that I could see is that one of the F5 Frigates had a miscast engine which I'll speak to Mongoose Publishing about - and the resin C8 Dreadnought has a large bubble blister underneath the command section bulb (nothing some green stuff can't fix).  Onto the Romulans then...