Howling Griffons Twitter Challenge

I was digging around in my piles of old hobby projects and discovered some old space marines kits from when I was building a Crimson Fists army.  I thought I might try building some again just for old times sake and mentioned it on Twitter.  One of my buddies ended up challenging me to paint a Howling Griffon marine - so I thought I'd give it a go just to see if I could still do it.  I found one marine that I'd undercoated white more than a decade ago, so I decided to paint him for the challenge.  It was kinda fun when I started painting the base colours but trying to get the layers built up was a total pain.  It reminded me why I stopped painting them in the first place!  Once it was done, I managed to find the old Howling Griffon decals I got from a store in the USA years ago - and then used MicroSol to apply it.  While I was at it, I also painted some extra details on some old Salamanders test marines that I can't remember when I painted.  At least they are finished now.

So - this is probably the only Howling Griffon marine I'll be painting for the foreseeable future.  Maybe in another decade perhaps!