Blood Bowl Khorne Team - test model completed

A number of years ago, one of the guys at my gaming club bought and painted a MK1881 Khorne Blood Bowl team to play with in the club league.  After four games of using them, he found them too frustrating to use, dropped out of the league and binned the team.  He gave the minis to me as he was never planning on using them again.

They were never a team I was keen on using either - but when the NAF decided to have a vote on whether they should be allowed as a ranked team, the vote result of a yes meant that if I ever wanted to complete the 26 I'd have to use them.  So I chucked the metal minis from the team into some paint stripper so I could paint them one day.

"One day" has turned into "now" :)

After using the Bretonnians at the NAF Championship earlier this year, I have one last team to tick off the list - and it's the Khorne team.  I'm planning on using them at the Cambridge Double trouble in November so I need to get them painted ready for that.

I picked the Bloodthirster mini as the tester as when I dug the team out, I found I'd not undercoated the metal minis and the weather was too wet for me to run out into the garden and spray them.  As the Bloodthirster was the only resin model from the team, I'd not stripped it - I had planned to just paint over the top of the previous colours.  So over the last couple of days I've done that and he's just about ready to go.  It was a pretty easy paint scheme of just red skin, black clothing and brass armour - so it shouldn't take too long to replicate on the rest of the models in the team.  I only plan to use this team once so I won't be spending too much time on painting the minis if I can help it!