Tuesday, December 30

Tomb Kings and magnets

I've recently started building some of the plastic units for my new Tomb Kings army. I'd bought some of the modular movement trays for them as I was keen to have the models nicely ranked up while I move them around the battlefield. One thing I noticed was that the skeleton models are incredibly light and they easily fell off off the movement tray. So - it was time to get something to keep them where they were supposed to stay!

I ordered some steel paper and magnetic tape from www.productsforwargamers.com as they seemed to have a nice selection of different pruducts to choose from. It arrived very quickly so I set to work. Both the steel paper and magnetic tape are self-adhesive; you just need to cut it to size, peel off the backing paper and off you go. So far I've built a couple of units of bowmen, a largish unit of warriors and a couple of Liche Priests. I've still got a lot more plastics to build but I thought I'd put up some pictures of how the magnets work. It can even cope with metal character model.