Skaven and Superheroes

I've painted some of the extra Skaven team models I mentioned in my last blog entry. Here you can see some journeymen linemen, star player Hakflem Skuttlespike and the team coach (who I've named Skaabwrath the Deluded...) Having spare journeymen players for your team can be handy, especially for teams that have low armour values like Skaven as you can be sure that a fair number of your players are going to get injured! When you can't field enough to make a full eleven player team, you're loaned enough rookie players to get you up to a full team. They aren't as useful as normal players as they can only use rerolls of you roll a 4+ beforehand but at least you're not undermanned from the start. After a game, you can buy the journeyman as a full player for your team if you wish - something you may want to do if they gained a skill. Most coaches just uses them as cannon fodder for the line of scrimmage though!

I do have more Skaven players for the team but they're not undercoated at the moment and it's far too cold outside to spray them. So, as I was at a loose end, I dug out a random model to paint to keep myself busy. That random model ended up being one of the SuperFigs range of superhero models that I bought ages ago from West Wind Productions. The SuperFigs models just appealed to me as I'm a superhero genre fan and I bought a load of them just for the sake of painting something "different". I've only painted a couple of them since I bought them but hopefully I'll get enough painted this year to be able to play some games with them. This model is "The Wisp" but I decided to paint it as a kind of "Human Torch" hero. So - here's Pyrene...