Hobby / Gaming Update

It's been a while since my last update so I thought I really should post an update just to help keep a record of things that have been happening.

First up was the final of the Blood Bowl league at the Bunker - the CBBBL VIII final.  It was between Andrew's Orc team called Da New Ork Giants who taking on George's Dwarf team, the Bloody Owls.  I got to watch most of the game and it really was very close, aided by just one single casualty being caused the whole game.  Andrew managed to go 1-0 in the 2nd half but George equalised on the final turn of the 2nd half so it went to overtime.  Andrew received the ball but was denied the winning touchdown by a dwarf interception in the dying moments of the game.  The game went to penalties - and George won on the dice off.  He was very chuffed to have won it!

George - CBBBL VIII Champion!
I've also been playing a few games of Guild Ball here and there, with the last game being played outside on the patio when the club was really busy one night.  It was going really well until the sun went down and we realised that the lighting outside the club wasn't working.  We had to get our phones out to light up the pitch!  We only lasted a few more turns until the constant dive bombing of the moths made us abandon the game - it was getting really silly as we couldn't read the cards anymore!
Guild Ball by gaslight
Games Workshop released Kill Team which was is a stripped down version of 40K - the box set seems a really good deal so in a fit of nostalgia, I bought the set.  This was the first time I'd bought anything from GW in six or seven years.  The box contained a squad of Space Marines and a unit of Tau Fire Warriors - and as my buddy Paul had also bought the set, we agreed to trade models to maximise our minis.  I opted for the Tau as I've never painted or played with them before.  I've been painting them but need to finish off the core models and get them based (I bought some nice urban rubble type resin bases for them which is why they are pinned to corks).




While I'm still finishing off the Tau, Paul and I had a quick try at Kill Team the other night, him using Dark Eldar and me using my old Crimson Fists.  The Space Marines got wiped out very easily thanks to some terrible dice rolling on my part but it was good fun.
 
"Eat hot bolter death Xenos scum!"
 My next hobby project (apart from finishing off the Tau) is probably going to be my Vortice Miniatures Ogre team as I intend to use them at the Cambridge Double Trouble tournament at the end of November.  They're a great looking team and hopefully shouldn't take too long as most of the models are tiny!  I'll post up pictures one I make a start after deciding on the colour scheme.