Bretonnian Blood Bowl team completed

First things first, let me just say, I was not one of the people supporting Bretonnians being allowed as a team into Blood Bowl.  The original roster had been around for years and I never felt there was the need for another human Blood Bowl team to be added.  When Cyanide brought Bretonnians into the Blood Bowl 2 PC game back in 2015 I was quite annoyed about it as I knew it would mean that another unofficial race would start getting more attention, just like Khorne did when the Blood Bowl 1 : Chaos Edition was brought out.  Since then, the team's become more popular in leagues and back in November 2017, the NAF decided to allow both Bretonnians and Khorne as playable teams in NAF tournaments, bringing the official amount of playable teams to 26.  I was against this at the time as I was working hard just to complete the 24, let alone having these extra two added at the last minute.

So, why have I now opted to paint a team of them?

Quite simply, I wanted to be able to say I'd played all available teams at NAF tournaments so just had to suck it up and get a team done.  I completed the 24 last year so I've only got these last two to go.  I've actually played against a couple of Bretonnian teams in tournaments and they're quite frustrating so they will be interesting to see how they are from the other side of the pitch.

With my dislike of the Bretonnian team being quite a big factor, I really didn't want to spend lots of money on some of the nice teams being brought out for them (such as Greebo who make a lovely team but quite expensive).  Ideally I wanted to make them out of Bretonnian plastic kits but those are also really expensive 2nd hand now as everything in the Bretonnian range is OOP.  In the end I found some stand in models from the Fireforge Miniatures ranges.  They make a lot of nice historical models and their medieval foot knights and sergeants seemed a good cheap option.  I picked up a couple of sprues of each from an eBay seller - and I also bought a fantasy knight set from them at the same time, just so I could get some fancy helments to look like the classic Bretonnian knight helms.  All in all, I spent £23.75 on all the sprues including postage which seemed quite reasonable for a team I won't be using much.  When I was building them, I tried to make the different positionals quite obvious from the parts I've used for them but, just to be safe, I've painted them all in different colours so there's no chance of mistaking a Knight for a Yeoman.  They're not the most detailed models in the world.  Far from it in fact!  But they painted, cheap and will do the trick.

My plan is to use these minis at the NAF Championship this year to tick the Bretonnians off my list and then try to finish with Khorne later this year.  I'm just about to start playing in a new league at the HEBBL though - and as I've just painted these I might actually use them in the league just to get my money's worth from the minis.