Classic Catachan Hellhound completed

Back in February, I spotted a classic 1995 Imperial Guard Hellhound on sale on eBay for only £20 which I snapped up immediately.  Who could resist a bargain like that?  Not me anyway...

I built the tank pretty much as soon as it arrived but, as I was in a tank building mood, I carried on building all the others I had so I could back undercoat them all in one go with a Caliban Green spray.  With all the camo still to do though, I thought I might treat myself to an airbrush to make things easier.  It took me a little while to save up for one but once it arrived, I thought I'd give this Hellhound a try first just try try to work out what I was doing with it.  It came out pretty okay I thought - and after doing the metals, the recess shading and dryrushing it was looking much better.  I spent today detailing the tank, putting on the decals and giving it a varnish.

I'm very happy with the result and I'm looking forward to doing the same with the rest of my tanks - the airbrush should help me crack on with all of them now.

New in box!
Original decals and banners
This was how you turned the heavy bolter into a heavy flamer 1995 style!
Original Chimera hull - superb!
1995 Hellhound build but with tracks.  I later glued them on anyway.
First attempt at airbrushing the camo pattern