Hobby update

It's been a while since I did any hobby as work got pretty busy and I have to go overseas a couple of times which didn't help.  Neither did my laptop dying which put a real downer on updating this site!  That being said, I'd done a small amount of hobby recently so I thought I'd put some updates on here.

First thing I did was to build some Necromunda scenery for my gaming club.  This is the Complex scenery from Mad Gaming Terrain - it's all lovely MDF lasercut stuff which fits together really well, especially if you use a little wood glue to make sure it sticks.  I'd built off of all and in the photo below I was preparing to glue hundreds of 3mm x 3mm magnets into the sides so it can all easily stack together via magnets.  It took me a couple of days to do this - and longer than that before I could use my glued up fingerprint to unlock my phone - but it's all built now and it just needs painting when I get a chance.


 After this I decided to get some more work done on my Catachan army.  A few months previously I'd mostly built a Leman Russ battle tank and I'd magnetised the turret so I could switch out the weapons - but I just wasn't sure whether I really should use magents for everything or just stick to one tank version.  I already have three fully built Leman Russes with battle cannons so there was no really need for a fourth.  I'd also been toying with the idea of converting the Exterminator twin autocannons into an Annihilator with twin lascannons.  As it happened, I found an unused Predator Annihilator turret in my bits box so I did make the tank up as a Leman Russ Annihilator with options for the Eradicator and Vanquisher as well.

While I'd been digging around in the garage for the lascannon turret for that conversion, I rediscovered some models I'd bought earlier this year and totally forgotten about - three Sentinels still in the boxes.  Whoops... I had bought these with the idea of making them into armoured Sentinels as I already have three painted scout Sentinels with flamers and chainswords and I have three more that are unpainted that were built with metal autocannons.  So for these I was planning to magnetise them to be able to switch between lascannon or plasmacannon loadouts.  After messing around with the first one to work out the process, it only took me a couple of days to bash out the other two.  So I now have a full squad of armoured Sentinels to paint along with a stack of weapon options - I also magentised options for the missile launcher and even the hunter killer missiles.


 Since then I've been working on a Valkyrie with more magentised weapon options - I've made it so I can switch out the rocket pods for the missiles and the lascannon for the multi-laser.  I don't have it yet but I know there's a Forge World upgrade kit to turn the Valkyrie into a Vendetta which is bristling with lascannons - so I've prepared this kit for turning into a Vendetta by magnetising the nose sensor pod too.  Still a little more to do on this until it's ready for pictures as I converted the pilots into Catachans - and I need to paint them completely before I can construct the nose of the ship and glue it to the rest of the hull.

So - I'm still plugging away at bits and pieces but, as ever, there's always more to do :)