New Amazons Blood Bowl team

Back in May 2008, I sold my first painted Amazon team on eBay (You can see them in one of my previous posts...) Although I liked the team a lot, I wasn't happy with them as I didn't have enough models to make a full team so I opted to sell them in the hope that I'd make enough cash to be able to buy a full team. Thankfully I made enough cash from the sale to get enough for a full team. Getting around to painting the new team was something else though...

What's given me the drive to get them painted is that one of the girls at my gaming club is going to the Blood Bowl GT at the end of the month and she doesn't have a GW Amazon team (she uses Shadowforge models at the club league). As I had my team sitting around waiting for some attention, I volunteered to paint them so she can borrow them for the tourney - so here they are...

I decided against painting them with standard caucasian flesh tones and went for dark skin for a change. I imagined they were a team of women from the Southlands of the Warhammer World rather than from Lustria. I left the uniforms as a nice red and gold combo and gave them different colours feathers in their headresses to show what role they perform in the team (it'll help opponents see what the models are too!)

There's a few more models for this team still to be painted - Zara the Slayer as well as some cheerleaders and a coach. I'll get them done at some point but I want to get back to painting Tomb Kings for a while.