Essex Eagle - 6th June 2010

As mentioned in the previous post, I helped put on the 40K table for the Chelmsford Bunker at today's Essex Eagle event. Hylands House is a wonderful estate and has a colourful history - it was the headquarters for the SAS during WWII. On one occasion, Captain Paddy Blair Maine (who went on to become this country's most decorated soldier) attempted to drive a Jeep up the Grand Staircase for a bet. The incident caused much commotion and the owner of the house dispatched the men to bed with instructions to remove the Jeep in the morning when they had clearer heads. The Jeep had to be dismantled before it could be removed.

There were a lot of extremely nice tables there but I forgot to take my camcorder with me when I went on a tour of them. I have, however, uploaded a couple of videos of our game to show how we got on.