First game


Well the Killers did well in their first Blood Bowl game of the season, winning 4-0 against my mate Paul's Slaanesh themed Chaos team.  It was certainly more of a case of the dice gods hating Paul's team as, of the three kick-off's my team did, two resulted in a blitz.  In fact, the only time Paul could field eleven players was before the first turn had started - I rolled a blitz for my kick-off result and one of his beastmen took a minotaur to the face before he knew what had happened.  It got so bad that for the second half, Paul could only field six players.  It's never fun to play a game and know that, whatever you do, there is very little you can do apart from just suffer it - but Paul is a really good sport and took the drubbing well.  I wasn't a jerk about it either - despite lots of easy opportunites, I didn't foul Paul's players when they were outnumbered and on the ground.  Doing that doesn't give me any SPP's and wouldn't have given me any tactical advantage over him by doing so (although if a Wardancer or Gutter Runner is ever foolish enough to fall over near my players, they'd best start praying as they'll be needing all the help they can get...)  As it happened, it was handy I hadn't ball stalled and fouled as I rolled another blitz kick-off and scored again...

After the game, one of my beastmen had suffered a -1 ST injury so I cut him from the team (no room for weaklings on Khorne's team!).  I won enough from the game to be able to purchase an apothecary and one of my beastmen had gained a normal skill.  For the next game, I will need to hire a journeyman to get my team up to eleven players again but he'll be fodder for the line of scrimmage anyway.  The only purchases I need to make for this team now are a couple of beastmen (to take me up to thirteen players) so I should hopefully be able to afford the 120K for them in the remaining nine games of the season.  Paul's team didn't fare quite so well - I killed one beastman and caused a -1 AG to another.  As ever, I look forward to my next game against Paul as every game we play is a memorable one.

My team are top of the CBBBL table after that result so I can look forward to the next league game now!  Lastly, here's some pics!

Paul being confident before the start.  Alas...

The only time my opponent had eleven players on the field