The year ahead is looking Spartan


I've been trying (and failing!) to get to the Bunker for the last couple of weeks as work has been taking precedent over hobby time.  I did manage to attend last night though and got in a full game using my Prussian Empire starter fleet against my mate Darren Lysenko who had borrowed a Federated States of America fleet.  Darren has ordered a French starter fleet for himself but we had arranged the game to give him and intro to it and for me to get in some practice on what is still a new game system to me.  We had great fun and the Prussians were victorious - which was nice.

The Bunker is seeing a huge amount of interest in Dystopian Wars at the moment.  Quite a number of the old hand already had Dystopian fleets but pretty much everyone is now joining in.  I already have my starter fleet but I've already got a lot of extra models and have ordered even more including an armoured battle group so we can get some land based games in too.  As well as the models, I've ordered the Hurricane Season campaign guide book and the Storm of Steel book which give additional campaign rules and details on the non-core fleets that are now available (such as the Covenant of Antarctica, French and Russians)  In February  the Bunker is going to be running a Dystopian Wars campaign to allow everyone to play and give a theme to it all.  I'm looking forward to it but I will need to get cracking on my unpainted toys!

For the next couple of meetings, I've scheduled some Firestorm Armada games against Dennis, a friend who has one of the largest FA fleets I've ever heard of.  He has at least 10,000 points - which is both mad and fantastic simultaneously!  I have suggested that we try a largish game (for me that is) including dreadnoughts. The only drawback is that my Aquan Medusa Class Dreadnought is still in the blister pack so I will need to pull my finger out and get it painted this weekend if I'm to use it on Wednesday next week.  It's an impressive beast, that's for sure - and I've no idea at all how I'm going to paint it yet.  I will see if I can get a silver spray can to save some time...