Monday, February 11

Fleet Actions


I spent most of yesterday unboxing and cleaning up models for my Dystopian Wars Prussian Empire forces.  The Chelmsford Bunker DW campaign starts this Wednesday so there's no way I'll have these ready for use by then but it should mean I can get them ready for duty mid-way.

I've got a sizeable amount of work ahead of me as the model listing is as follows :

1 x Rhine Carrier
1 x Blucher Dreadnought
1 x Emperor Battleship
3 x Reiver Cruisers
6 x Arminius Frigates
3 x Hussar Gunships
5 x Saxony Corvettes
1 x Gewitterwolke Airship
2 x Konigsberg Battlecruisers
2 x Metzger Robot (waterlined)
1 x Metzger Robot (walking)
1 x A9-V Sturmpanzer
6 x A6-V Medium Tanks
3 x B3-S Medium Bombards
10 x Walze Small Tanks

The cleaning up process on these models is easy as there isn't too much flash to take off and it's easily done with a hobby knife.  The hardest job I had was fixing the weapon arms on the waterlined Metzger robots.  As you can see from the photo above, this model is a one-piece mould and the prongs on the weapon have resin underneath that needs cleaning off.  The prongs themselves are quite weak - one broke when I was trying to take the flash off.  I decided to just take them off completely, clean up underneath them, drill holes into the arm and make new prongs out of brass rod.  It was well worth the effort as the weapon prongs are much more durable now.  I also took the time to magnetise some of the Dreadnought turrets although I didn't bother doing the same with the Battleship this time.  I magnetised the centre turret on my current Battleship and I've not once changed out the turret for a generator or the UPG option - so there didn't seem much point for this new Battleship.

The last thing I did was to give everything a bath in some hot water and detergent.  This nicely takes off any mould release agent and means the undercoat will stick to these resin models.

I'll be cracking on with these models soon so watch for updates as I progress.