League Updates - Guild Ball and Blood Bowl

I've not had time for any hobby activity in the last week or so but I have been playing games at the Chelmsford Bunker in both leagues I'm part of.  Last night I played a league Guild Ball and Blood Bowl game so it was a busy evening.

Dave's Morticians
First up was a Guild Ball game which saw my Butchers team facing against our own Longshanks Dave who was using Morticians.  My team was formed of Ox, Princess, Boar, Boiler, Brisket and Shank.  Dave was using two of the new season 2 models in his team which was formed of Scalpel, Dirge, Bonesaw, Ghast, Cosset and Silence.  This was only my 2nd full game and I've never really seen much of what the Morticians can do - but things seemed to go well for me as I took control of the middle of the pitch and ignored the ball.  Ox took a lot of damage from Scalpel at one point and he was reduced down to one box of health left.  As she was doing this she was moving his influence to other Butchers team members - but they were so close to him that after she was done, they just charged in and attacked her in return!  Ox got healed up a bit and managed to suffer another round of attacks from Cosset but still refused to leave the pitch.  What a guy!  While this was all happening my Butchers were dealing out a lot of pain.  I was racking up the kills all over the place.  I was 10-2 up and I had the option of scoring with Shank who was well within range of the goal or standing up Ox and letting him smash up Ghast.  I thought Ox deserved the chance for revenge so he stood up for free and starting swinging.  Ghast, who was already damaged, was cut apart.  A good win for the Butchers with a 12-2 scoreline.

Paul's suspicious looking sausage
Next up was the final league game for my Goblins against the Goblins of my buddy Paul.  Both our team were in a decent condition - each had 15 players, a full set of secret weapons and only 20K in TV apart.  I won the toss and my fanatic managed to knock out a troll and also obligingly left a space for my chainsaw to run through the game and blitz Paul's fanatic which took him out.  In the next turn Paul did the same to my fanatic with his chainsaw.  It was mayhem!  Players were getting injured and knocked out all over the place.  I scored in my turn 8 of the 1st half which left one turn for Paul to try to equalise by throwing a goblin.  I'd had to bring on my bombardier who acted as the perfect landing spot for his thrown goblin, knocking them both down.  For the 2nd half Paul only had four players on the field so it didn't take long before I scored again.  Just to add insult to lots of injuries, I scored once more in the final turn of the game.  So a good 3-0 win for my goblins.  They were due to play one more game in the season but the coach I was scheduled against has quit the league so I get an auto-win.  My goblins end the season on 7 wins, 3 draws and just 2 losses so I'm very happy with that.  They would qualify for a play-off position in the Championship Division - but I am also running an undead team in the Premier Division who are going to qualify so my poor gobbos are excluded.  A fun team though and I'm kinda sad that I won't use them again for a while.