Albion Coast Sevens II tournament

As I was still aiming to finish the 24 at the NAF Championship in a couple of weeks, I needed to use my Chaos Pact team one more time for them to qualify towards it.  My friend Robin was running a Blood Bowl Sevens tournament in Southampton this weekend so I drove down to take part and tick my team off the list.  As I had to use Chaos Pact, I opted to take all three big guys as it would have been rude not to - not the most powergaming of options for sure.  My thoughts were that with no rerolls available, every player was a loner!

I rocked up at the venue and we all started playing around 1pm.  We had five games to play before 6pm so we had to set to it!

My roster was :

Ogre with Pro (everyone chose a team captain and he got pro for free)
Minotaur
Troll
Skaven
3 x Marauders

My first game was against a Necromantic team coached my Lunchmoney.  The game was over before I really knew what was happening (six turns a half) but I won 1-0 and did 4-1 on casualties

Game 2 saw me playing against Lycos who was using Wood Elves.  I was lucky on this one as I took out three of his players including the Wardancer.  I won 1-0.

Game 3 and I was playing Inderol and his Nurgle team on the top table. He really is an excellent coach but I managed to pull off some shenanigans and somehow won the game 2-1.

Game 4 and I was playing Wood Elves again, this time coached by Waddywoo.  He really was a superb player and he was dominating with his Wardancer with Strip Ball.  Despite all this, his had some bad luck where I had a marauder intercept a ball.  The game ended a very fair 2-2.

In the final game and I was the only person who hadn't lost a game.  I was getting a bit excited by this point!  I was drawn against Big Belcher who was using Lizardmen.  His skinks were really hard to stop and I made a couple of chump moves by trying to blitz his Kroxigor with my Minotaur.  We had a good game though and it ended 2-2.

So - unbeaten with a bit of a chumpy Chaos Pact team!  I couldn't argue with that at all!  When the result came in, I had finished 2nd to Lycos.  Robin had set the scoring to 10 points for a win, five for a draw and 1 for a loss.  As I'd won three and drawn two games, I was on 40 points.  As Lycos had won four games and lost one (to me) he was on 41 points!  Losing to Lycos is no shame though - and I was happy to have beaten him during the tournament.

My first time playing Sevens and I didn't lose a game - plus it means that ticks off my 23rd team.  Only Wood Elves to go at the NAF Championship in two weeks!