Chelmsford Bunker Painting Competition - Howling Griffon marine

Since Christmas, I've been back in the Chelmsford Bunker committee (I'm the club secretary again) and we've been trying to promote some more hobby activirty.  We decided to set up some painting competitions to get everyone into painting a bit more- so we came up with the plan to hand out a either a Space Marine or a Stormcast Eternal to club members, have them paint them over the course of a week and then bring them back for judging.

My model was one of the old style quick build marines from the 2nd edition.  As it was such an old model, I knew I had to paint it as a Howling Griffon as that was where I started painting 40K. I still had some of my original Griffon decals that I'd bought from the USA - I posted a picture of these on Twitter and weirdly enough the guy that ran the store and printed them spotted them and we chatted about them.

In honour of him, I've named my marine Brother Adan - he's now ready for submission in the painting competion.  I don't think I'll win - I just wanted to take part.  Painting a Howling Griffon again was quite fun too :)