Chaos Cards Cup results

My friend Andrew and I travelled down to Folkestone yesterday to take part in the Chaos Cards Cup - the first Blood Bowl tournament run at a very nice gaming store.  The one day, three game, tournament was being run by my mate Pete Gridley who used to run the Twisted Cup.  The rules allowed for 1200TV team costs and Underworld were allowed eight skills - I took the following roster :

Chaos Troll with Claw
2 x Skaven Blitzers with Guard
2 x Skaven Throwers with Extra Arms
2 x Skaven Linement with Wrestle
5 x Goblins (1 with Two Heads)
2 x Rerolls
Skitter Stab-Stab
Madcap Miggz

My first game was against a very nice chap called Matt with a Dwarf team where he'd taken a deathroller - mainly as he'd converted it and was determined to use it.  He'd bought a bribe to help keep it on the pitch which worked a treat.  The Dwarfs were brutal in the first half - smashing goblins and skaven all over the place.  Even though I'd received the ball, he got to my ball carrier and scored late in the first turn.  In the second half, his dice started to fail him and his Runners started failing pickups despite the Sure Hands.  I sent my team up the field and managed to sneak in and pick up the ball and soon scored afterwards which finally got the Roller off the pitch.  Towards the end of the second half we both did our best to try and win the game but it didn't work out and the game ended a with a fair result of 1-1

After lunch I found I was drawn against a chap I'd played before at a Twisted Cup tournament - Ron this time using his Chaos Dwarf team.  I again received the ball but this time I managed to score early and managed to stop Ron equalising before the half time break.  In the 2nd half though, my team started to disappear - the trouble with goblins and skaven fighting chaos dwarfs!  Ron equalised and then took control of the field and scored again at the end of the game.  2-1 loss but a fun game against a really nice guy.

For the final round I was drawn against my friend Andrew - and Pete, the organiser, was also drawn against his friend Oli.  He decided to switch the games around so that we all got to play someone we'd not played before so I took on Pete's Ogre team.  It was a pretty funny game with lots of silly moments - Pete and I had a really great game.  My Underworld really worked this game thanks to no tackle on the field - the final result was 4-0 win to me.  Pete was robbed of a consolation touchdown thanks to a bonehead roll on the ogre with the ball.

When the game results were announced, Andrew had won the Stunty Cup with his Goblin team and I was awards the Best Painted Team trophy.  Superb day of nerding with a 1-1-1 result for the Underworld and I tick another team off my list.  I've got two more teams to go before reaching the 24.