STABB Cup VI results


The STABB Cup is a tournament run by my friend Wil - based in St. Albans.  It's one of my favourite tournaments as it's pretty close to home and a lot of good coaches attend so there's always a good challenge.  Last weekend was STABB Cup VI which returned after a year's absence from the tournament circuit.  Unfortunately for me, I had to work on the Saturday so I decided to just attend on the Sunday - at least I could get three games under my belt.  I took my new Khemri team and decided to include Hack Enslash into the roster as it would be rude not too at the STABB Cup.  I had played a test game with him beforehand and he failed his kickback roll and killed himself into the bargain.  Not encouraging!  The rules allowed 1,150,000 for the Khemri team and you could use some of that to buy up to two skills.  During the weekend, you allocate skills to six additional players based on a dice roll at the start of each round.  I used this roster below :


2 x Throw-Ras (would be given Block)
2 x Blitz-Ras (would be given Mighty Blow)
4 x Tomb Guards (two would be given Mighty Blow - and I bought Mighty Blow for the other two)
3 x Skeletons
2 x rerolls
Hack Enslash

My first game (game Four effectively) was against a Nonumber's Chaos Dwarf team.  He had a very scary Minotaur with Claw, a couple of Block Bull Centaurs, some Chaos Dwarfs with couple of Guards and some Hobgoblins, one with Sure Hands.  In the first half, I managed to survive the blitzes from the Minotaur and then managed to knock him down - Hack Enslash stepped up for the foul and broke armour, then killed him!  Fantastic.  I knocked out a couple of Chaos Dwarfs and then managed to work my way down the field to score at the end of the first half.  The Chorfs were having lots of issues breaking armour on my team - until around turn 13 when they started smashing everything out of their way!  They scored soon after but I was happy to take a 1-1 draw against such a good coach with a good team.

My 2nd game (game Five) was against my buddy Wotfudboy who was using his new Goblin team.  He had the standard goblin tourney roster of Fungus the loon, an assortment of secret weapons, three bribes and a couple of trolls.  Luckily for me, he left Fungus on the LOS at the start of his turn when he was kicking so Hack Enslash chainsawed him and knocked him out straight away.  The goblin Bombardier with Hail Mary Pass was quite annoying as he seemed to have laser guided bombs - he kept knocked down my ball carrier!  He was running out of players by the 2nd half and I won 1-0.

My third and final game was against a very nice chap using Dark Elves.  I kicked the ball to him in the first half and he started moving down one side of the pitch.  I love it when people do that as one of my favourite things is crowd surfing players!  I did some blocking and got a one die blitz on the ball carrier, then spent the rest of the half protecting the ball and pushing off as many players as I could.  In the 2nd half, Hack Enslash blitzed and killed his Leader runner before he'd got to use it (always a bonus) then my team just beat up his until there was very few players left.  He did managed to hit my ball carrier but the ball bounced into the hands of a nearby Tomb Guardian who caught it - so I sent him slowly down the field to score in my turn 15.  It gave him a couple of turns to try to score but it just wouldn't happen for him so it ended 1-0 to me.

Overall I was really happy with how things went - winning two games and drawing one was far better than I'd expected.  Also, with the Khermi used at a tournament, I'm now up to having used 21 out of the 24 teams at NAF tournaments so I'm getting closer to completing my 24.

As a final bonus, I was awarded the trophy for Best Painted STABBy miniature for Hack Enslash.  I should never have doubted him!