40K Astra Militarum - first Catachan infantry squad painted


With the release of 8th edition Warhammer 40,000, I've started playing again using my various old Space Marine armies.  More than ten years ago, I had started to collect and build an Imperial Guard army which I only ever used in one game before getting side tracked onto a different project.  I still have all the models though.  Recently the new Astra Militarum codex was released and Catachans lucked out by having a really good set of regimental bonuses - so with Blood Bowl taking a back seat for a few months, I thought it was a good time to crack on with them to try to get them playable.  I have bought quite a lot of pre-made grass tufts to make the basing consistent and I've got some plastic aquarium plants that I'll be using on the larger bases and for scenery.  First up was an infantry regiment made from all metal models, with a mix of old Catachan minis plus a sergeant from one of the later releases.  I painted one of these as a test mini to have camo fatigues but I wasn't happy with how it came out - so I've opted just for green fatigues which will speed things up anyway.

So - here's the first new unit for the 62nd Catachan Regiment.