Necromunda box set scenery painted


The Blood Bowl league that I've been playing in finished the other weekend and I'm feeling a little jaded with playing it.  I still want to keep playing games at the Chelmsford Bunker though - and despite making a ton of progress with my Catachan army, I'm quite a way from being able to field 1500 points worth of painted model.  So with 40K not viable, I thought I'd try to get some Necromunda stuff painted and played for a while.  I bought the box set plus extra sets of the minis for Escher and Goliaths - and I got an Orlock gang for Father's Day this year from my kids.  So - into the Underhive I go...

First up is something I rarely do - painting scenery.

The scenery in the Necromunda box set is excellent - but I had cleaned up and glued together my stuff a while back and then just left it in the box.  I thought if I was going to start using it, I really should paint it.  As it happened, someone I follow on YouTube had done a video showing how easy it was to get it painted to a decent standard without going too mental on it.  I followed his approach for getting the majority of it done, then just painted in a few details here and there.  The whole set took me a couple of days but it really didn't take too much effort - and at least now it's all ready to stick on the table and looks pretty good!