Grey Knight Dreadnought + hobby update

I've not put up any posts for a while but I was actually pretty busy with hobby projects over the last few months.  I went pretty crazy with building new projects without actually finishing any!

First thing was that I jumped in on Kill Team quite hard.  I bought the main box set with the idea of making a kill team from the Adeptus Mechanicus models and a Necromunda gang from the Genestealer Cult models.  I also bought the Astra Militarum Kill Team box to give me some Tempestus Scions to add to my Catachans - and I built a kill team for those using the minis in that box plus another set which I had from a Start Collecting box.  I then bought some Forge World weapons for my spare Necromunda Escher gang and built those.  Next up was to build the new scenery that came in the Kill Team box set which was really cool - then I built the scenery that was in the Scions Kill Team box.  I then started building the Ad Mec minis from the main Kill Team set.  From there, things went a bit crazy as I bought the Adeptus Titanicus set...  I built the buildings in that set then started on the tiny Knights which are just so cute it's crazy.  I switched back to Necromunda after that as I'd bought a set of Genestealer Cult Acolyte Hybrids and built those plus the Neophyte Hybrids.  Then I started work on a Warlord titan for Adeptus Titanicus which gave me a chance to play with magnetising the weapons.  I then built the Ad-Mec Skitarii models for Kill Team along with some Sicarian Infiltrators.  Finally, I ended up buying the new Lord of the Rings box set and built all the Rohan models and started painting them.

Busy, busy, busy but nothing to show for it at the end.

That was pretty much August taken care of with a bit of September.  I had a couple of Blood Bowl tournaments planned, a weekend concert to go to plus a bit of work which meant that I didn't get much hobby time in the last month.

As this last weekend was the first one in ages with nothing planned, I decided to break out the paint station and get something done.  With everything I've been working on still needing attention I decided to crack on with something I'd not even seen in forever.  I was looking in a box in my garage and found a semi-painted Forge World Grey Knight dreadnought that I'd got in a trade back in 2006.  I thought it would be quite a nice project to rescue and it shouldn't take too long to complete.  Here's the before and after shots - with about 3 to 4 hours of work between them.  I'll chuck it on eBay now.

Finished Forge World Grey Knight Dreadnought
Before