Weagle Bowl 2018 - 22nd September 2018


Weagle Bowl is a one-day, four game Blood Bowl tournament in Ipswich. I've missed the first two tournaments they ran but I finally manged to get to this year's one.  It's run by the guys from the White Eagle Wargames Club.

The skills package for this was quite limited as it only allowed for a single normal skill to be added after each game - so just three skills by the last game.  It also allows bonus points for touchdowns and casualties so it heavily favoured Tier 1 bash teams.  That being said, I decided to take my Wood Elves just to give me some practice for the EurOpen.

My first game was against Nippy Longskar's Dwarfs so it was the worst possible matchup for me!  Mark is in Team England with his Dwarfs so I wasn't expecting too much from the game.  I managed to worry at his team with some Wardancer leaping blitzes but I ran out of players in the end and the game finished 2-1.

Second game and I was facing Dwarfs again - this time against one of the local guys.  He was a good player but he had some bad rolls - I managed to win this 2-1.

Third game and I was playing against my mate Hawk.  Andy was using his Undead team which he's pretty handy with.  I pulled off some ely bullshit to go 2-1 up, then snatched a third TD on the final turn.  3-1 win for me.

For my last game I was facing Chaos Dwarfs played by Steve (dontcallmeflossy).  The whole game the weather was raining so I was hoping for some luck - but everything I did failed and everything Steve tried works.  He won 3-0 in the end which really put a downer on a pretty good day up until then.

So two wins and two losses against Tier 1 teams which was OK I guess.  I didn't get a lot of bonus points though - despite taking a treeman I only caused 1 casualty in all four games. As such, I finshed in 10th place which was disappointing.  Ah well...