UK Team Challenge 2019

Last weekend I traveled to York for the 5th UK Team Challenge as part of Team HEBBL - joining Martyn, Gavin and Andy from the HEBBL league as part of a four-man team.  The new venue was the Roger Kirk Centre at the University of York which was really good - lots of room for everyone including some seating areas plus a bar.  Awesome!

I was using Wood Elves, Martyn was using Skaven, Gavin was using Dark Elves and Andy opted to use Undead.  I was hoping to do well with my Elves as I'd done pretty good with them at the EurOpen.  My roster was the same as that event but with a slight change to the skills.

2 x Wardancers (Strip Ball & Tackle from start)
1 x Thrower (Leader from start)
3 x Catchers (2 x Block from Game 3 and then another Block from Game 5)
4 x Linemen
Treeman (Grab from Game 5)
1 x reroll
Apoth

For our first games we were drawn against the Granite City Avengers - I was playing Amroth's Dark Elves.  I was happy with how things went on this one as I manager to win 3-0 and we both got a casualty each.  We got a team draw for this round.

For game two we were facing the DBL Dreamboats and I was playing against Raughri's High Elves.  This one didn't go great for me - we finished with a 1-1 draw and 3-4 on casualties.  This round was a loss for the team.

For the third round, we were playing the DBBL POWs which was Jbone's team - I was facing KissTheHurricane and his Bretonnians.  I really struggled in this game and I lost 3-2.  I lost on casualties too with a 2-0 score against me.  That being said, this round was a team win.

For day 2 we started round four against the Dirty Burgers who were half of Team Scotland.  I was up against Sadface and his Underworld team which featured Kreek Rustgouger which is the new ball & chain player - a MV5 player.  Despite my best efforts I couldn't get a win on this won - it ended 2-1 to Sadface and 3-1 on casualties to him as well.  Great game though and a lovely chap.  This was a team loss round.

Round 5 and we were down in the bottom tables playing against a great Spanish team - Retromonguers in a Pop World Universe.  I was facing Lord_Destruccion's Elves.  This was a really close game and he was a brilliant coach.  It ended as a 2-1 loss and 3-2 on casualties.  It was a team draw this round.

For the final round we were playing Team OTT and I was facing Lord_Relictor and his Goblins.  I managed to win this game ending with a 3-1 win but going 1-3 on casualties.  This was a team win round.

So - my final results were a disappointing 2/1/3 which is one of my worst results for a long time!  Team HEBBL finish with a 2/2/2 thanks to the efforts of the other guys though which left us 39th out of 60 teams.

Andy did the best out of us finishing 39th (out of 260), Martyn finished 124th, I finished 170th and Gavin ended 178th.  We had a fun weekend though which was the main thing!


UKTC Pitch
Amroth's Dark Elves
Dirty Burgers in mini form
Sadface's Underworld
Lord_Destruccion's Elves
Team HEBBL hoodie - very nice!