Setting sail on the seven seas...
As you can see, although the basic shape was okay, it needed some work. First thing I did was to remove all the masts, sails and rigging - all those bits would get in the way when playing with models based on 25mm bases. I also trimmed the gun barrels away from the sides of the ship and cut away the wheels underneath it.
Thanks to the bits I bought from Hobbycraft, I could then set to work. I covered all the gun ports with bits of balsa and replaced the masts with wooden dowels. I also filled in the holes on one side of the ship that were there to allow the two halves of the ship to be screwed together. The last thing I did was to glue the crow's nest to the top of the centre mast. This is how she looks now:
All I need to do to it now is spray it with a black undercoat and get it painted ready for the 30th when the campaign starts!