Catachan Scout Sentinels ready for duty

Having painting three Blood Bowl teams since February, I felt it was time I gave my Catachan army a bit of attention.  I've painted a few infantry squads and some characters but I wanted to try my hand at painting some of the tanks in the classic jungle camouflage scheme.  I remembered that I had some painted Scout Sentinels which were pretty much just basecoated - they didn't have any shading or hightlighting - so I dig those out to try out the camo on them.

I repainted over the old colours that were on there (the Foundation paints of Knarloc Green and Khemri Brown!) with Caliban Green and the closest colour I had to the old Bubonic Brown colour - which was the Army Painter paint called Monster Brown.  It wasn't as yellowy as I wanted but it was all I had to hand.  I had bought some Zamesi Brown online (which seems to be a very close match to the old Bubonic Brown) but it hadn't arrived yet - so these will be different from everything else that follows.  Not too bad for a Catachan army I guess as they're not very regimented!  I then painted on black lines between the two camo colours to separate them.

After the new basecoats were on, I started highlighting the Monster Brown with Zandri Dust, then remembered that I really should have done the Agrax Earthshade wash in the recesses first.  I switched over to doing that, and, once that was dry, I then highlighted the green camo with Straken Green.  After that, it was just a case of painting the metals and the details - and I found some decals to number them with.

I'm quite pleased with how they came out and I will carry on with this for the rest of the army - although I'm going to switch over to using the Zamesi Brown to try to match the old classic Catachan scheme.  I've just started working on a spare Chimera to test that out - but in the mean time, here's the Sentinels.