Catachan Leman Russ Tank Commander

After painting the Ogryns, I thought I really should knuckle down and paint some of my Leman Russ tanks.  I knew I'd built and few and put them in a storage box so I pulled them out, basecoated them green and then painted stripes on using the same colour I did for my Chimera.  All three of them were still at this state so I decided to focus on one of them and get it done to completion.  It was one where I had some of the old classic tank crew minis which I thought would make it a nice option as a tank commander.

I stuck to the same painting techniques I did for my Chimera - carefully apply a recess wash of Agrax Earthshade and then a drybrush of either Straken Green or Zandri Dust.  After that was done it was just a case of painting the weapons and tank tracks plus and details along the way.  A couple of decals helped finish it off and my Tank Commander is ready for duty.  I'll paint the other two Leman Russ tanks after painting some more infantry models - they'll make a nice change of palette when I need it.

Tank Crew
Basecoated Leman Russ squad
Stripey tanks!