Catachan Sniper Squad

I wasn't intending to paint a Special Weapons Squad but when I was putting away the Ogryns and the Tank Commander, I found some old basecoated Catachan snipers which were sitting in a shoe box along with the rest of my semi-built Catachans.  I felt a bit guilty that they'd been stuck in there for over ten years so I took them out along with a few metal lasgun minis to round up the unit.  I had to prise the prone sniper off a 60mm round base that I'd glued him to - but I found a pill shaped base to stick him on which looks much better.  I'm not entirely sure that Sniper squads are a great unit choice for 8th edition 40K but I just fancied painting them!  If nothing else, I can switch them into other units once I have more models painted.

I really enjoyed painting these.  They only took me two days to complete as they were such a small unit and I'm pleased they can at least get some use in game.

 
Pre-basecoating