Catachan Missile Launcher Squad

Like my Sniper Squad, this unit of Missile Launchers was one that I'd built (well, they were blue-tacked together) and left in a shoe box in my garage years for years.  It didn't take me long to paint my snipers so I thought I'd crack on with this unit just to get them done.  I know that current plastic HWS come supplied with a 60mm round base but I didn't have any spare plastic bases of that size - but I did have some thin MDF bases that would do it.  I removed the base tabs from the models and pinned them to spare round bases just so I could hold them for painting - my plan being to pin them to the MDF base one it was all done.  To be honest, pinning them to spare bases didn't work as I'd hope as they kept spinning around and breaking off - but I guess it did the trick.  These were pretty quick to paint as they only took me a day overall.


I'm not sure whether to paint a squad for my next project or just grab the rest of the minis that  are left in the shoe box and get them done. I've got three more Scout Sentinels, lots of flamer and meltagun minis plus a couple of sergeants.